Swiss Federal Institute of Intellectual Property (IPI)
The Swiss Federal Institute of Intellectual Property (IPI) is responsible for examining, granting and administering industrial property rights (patents, trade marks and designs). It works together with governmental agencies, trade associations and businesses to enforce Swiss indications of source within Switzerland and internationally. The IPI also supervises the collective rights management organisations for copyright and provides information on intellectual property rights to individuals and companies in a variety of ways.
Swiss Institute of Comparative Law (SICL)
The Swiss Institute of Comparative Law (SICL) is :
- An autonomous establishment of the Swiss Confederation, attached to the Federal Department of Justice and Police, open to the public since 1982
- A centre for information on international and foreign law
- A national and international network of reliable and experienced partner institutions and experts that share our vocation and values
- A research centre with a vast library of foreign and international law
- A European Documentation Centre
- A training and research institution for academics and lawyers from Switzerland and abroad
Federal Institute of Metrology (METAS)
The Federal Institute of Metrology (METAS) serves as the federal centre of competence for all issues related to measurement and for measuring equipment and measuring procedures.
It is the Swiss national metrology institute. As such, its mandate is to ensure the availability in Switzerland of measurement and testing facilities with the degree of accuracy needed to meet the requirements of the economy, research and administration.
It fulfils its mandate in collaboration with third parties: In legal metrology with the verification laboratories as well as the cantons and their verification officers; in the dissemination of units with its designated institutes.
Last modification 13.12.2022