As of January 1, 2020, MROS introduced goAML, a system for receiving and processing suspicious activity reports that allows the submission of reports via an online portal.
What does change with goAML and what are the advantages?
- Suspicious activity reports, their attachments and additional information are uploaded and submitted online.
- Documents to be submitted upon request of MROS are no longer faxed or sent by post but instead transferred via the online portal.
- The financial intermediaries have the following three options for entering suspicious activity reports:
- Fully manually: Entry in the online form;
- Fully automated: Reports can be uploaded as an XML file;
- Semi-automated: Entry in the online form, with the involved transactions being integrated into the report by means of an XML file.
How to register for goAML?
In order to be able to enter reports in goAML, prior registration in goAML is required. This registration can be completed at any time via the registration page. An information sheet entitled “Step-by-step Guide to your goAML Registration” is available under the tab “Documents”.
Is it possible to test goAML?
The test version of goAML was temporarily shut down in February 2022, which is why it is currently not available under the "Links" tab.
A new test version with goAML 5 will be launched in the course of 2022.
We thank you for your understanding.
What do I have to consider when entering and transmitting reports via goAML?
Financial intermediaries can enter their reports in goAML as described in the section “What changes with goAML and what are the advantages?” and then transmit them to MROS.
The following important points must generally be observed:
- A maximum of 100 suspicious transactions may be recorded and transmitted per report;
- If, in exceptional cases, the intention is to transmit more than 100 transactions with a report, the reporting financial intermediary must discuss the exact procedure with MROS in advance;
- Securities transactions can be submitted in XML format or in an Excel spreadsheet;
- For the reported (suspicious) transactions, the account and custody account statements of the suspicious period must be submitted in PDF as an attachment;
- If multiple business relationships are reported, at least one (suspicious) BiParty transaction must be entered per reported business relation/account;
- Further accounts and/or securities accounts of the reported business relation(s) as well as additional information concerning natural or legal persons may be recorded by means of so-called MultiParty transaction;
- A statement of assets in PDF format must be submitted as an attachment for all accounts and securities accounts of a reported business relation;
- If, on the other hand, a single account and not the entire business relation is reported, a corresponding account statement showing the current balance is sufficient;
- Additional documents such as opening documents, KYC, any media reports, etc. must also be submitted as attachment;
- All inserts must always be submitted in OCR (character recognition system) format;
- Reports that have been previously written in paper format, subsequently scanned and transmitted as a PDF via message board in goAML will not be accepted.
Further information and tips on how to use goAML can be found in the “Fact Sheet Web Reports” and “Adjustment to the practice of reporting via goAML valid from 01.04.2021 (version 2.0)”, both of which are filed under the tab “Documents” tab. A manual with detailed information is also available to users.
- Adjustment to the practice of reporting via goAML valid from 01.04.2021 (PDF, 190 kB, 30.03.2021)
- Fact Sheet Web-Reports (PDF, 295 kB, 06.05.2022)
- goAML Web - Manual (PDF, 4 MB, 17.12.2021)
- Standard XML Reporting - Instructions and Specifications for goAML (PDF, 1 MB, 22.06.2020)
- MROS_goAML-Schema (XSD, 126 kB, 06.05.2022)
- goAML_Transactions_Upload_Schema (XSD, 69 kB, 06.05.2022)
- goAML_Transactions_Upload_Specification (PDF, 3 MB, 06.05.2022)
- Template for transactions (XLSX, 130 kB, 22.06.2020)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) (PDF, 320 kB, 22.09.2021)
- V-Indicators comparison previous_new (PDF, 135 kB, 06.05.2022)
- V-Indicators valid as of 2022 (XLSX, 34 kB, 30.03.2022)
Last modification 17.12.2021